3.01.2014

World War I Wall Machine

For an extra credit assignment at the end of the semester, I did something that makes a teacher cringe, I chose to give my students tremendous latitude in how they created and portrayed any event from the history we studied. The description was simple enough; I had students summarize one of the units we studied over the course of the semester, and I let them present it however they’d like in front of their classmates. Though I gave a multitude of options--prezi, blabberize, twitter, video, to name a few--students leaned heavily on the Facebook option. It just helped prove to me how much that site dominated their (or should I say, our) lives.


They had a lot of fun with it. And, for some, it really helped them recall information about the units covered in the previous months.

Follow this link for one of many “wall machines” that were created.