11.01.2016

OESIS 2016 Talk: New Media and Digital Identity

I presented a "course of the future" at the annual OESIS conference in Boston a few weeks ago and fielded a handful of great questions from educators interested in implementing passion-based learning and personalized learning at their schools. I left the conference very encouraged that educators genuinely want to include more inquiry-based/passion-based instruction in their classes. Most importantly, most of those present seemed to agree that social media is an effective way to do so, which is how I've been teaching my courses for a number of years (both New Media and Digital Identity and my history courses). A majority of the questions I answered were about tactics of implementation. So, I'm posting a recording of this talk so that those who weren't there can still use some of my ideas about injecting passion based learning through social media into our schools. If you're interested in hearing the questions at the end of the talk, there's a link to it at the end of the video. Enjoy!