10.19.2017

OESIS 2017 Talk: Passion-Based Learning through Social Media

I presented a "Class of the Future" at the OESIS Conference in Boston on my Innovation Department elective called "Disruptive Innovation through Social Media."

This is the second year that I've had the privilege of presenting to this conference of educators thinking critically about online and blended learning. Both times I've presented at OESIS, I've benefitted form connecting with a ton of solid educators who want to collaborate beyond the conference. A week after OESIS, my class collaborated with an English class from Greenhill School in Texas. And two weeks after the conference, I connected with two Computer Science teachers at Winchester Thurston school in Pittsburgh to help me with my website. I've also spoken to an administrator from Indian Creek School in Crownsville, MD about a faculty cohort model. Finally, I discussed digital citizenship with the Academic Technology coordinator at Princeton Day School in NJ. All of these connections have pushed me to become a better educator.

Even if you missed OESIS and some of the great collaboration opportunities I described above, you can still see my talk here: